Senior Advisor, Commercial Transformation
Job ID : 6683
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
This exciting new role involves overseeing and coordinating the Product, Pricing, & Data streams of the Commercial Insurance Transformation program. Reporting to the VP, Transformation & Business Platforms, the Sr. Advisor, Commercial Transformation is responsible for defining and executing on the Product, Pricing, and Data readiness work streams required ahead of the technology modernization to Guidewire. The role will involve the planning, scoping, and tracking of key initiatives and leading the various corporate product and pricing working groups to organize and prepare their deliverables.
Working with the corporate underwriting product team you will be responsible for rationalizing the current product inventory and determining enhancements to the products that will be built in Guidewire. This role will also work with the corporate pricing resources to determine high level strategy on the future state models to be built, building an execution roadmap, and supporting to team to complete those deliverables. Lastly, this role is responsible for defining our Data Strategy and overseeing the data requirements, working closely with the technology teams to ensure the new data platform is designed to support our strategic direction.
What you bring to the role?
- University degree in a related field of study (e.g., Business, Commerce, Actuarial Studies, Math, Economics, etc.).
- 10+ years of Canadian P&C Insurance experience – working knowledge of insurance products and rating variables
- 5+ years of leadership/management experience, 5+ years of project management and/or portfolio management experience
- Excellent business acumen and written/verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively communicate business strategy, goals, and targets
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build effective relationships, including with senior leaders and external vendors
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills, as this role needs to align the corporate teams with the technology program
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Extensive experience working with the Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- P&C product and pricing development
- Consulting experience
- Guidewire knowledge
- Previous experience on other underwriting modernization or transformation programs
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).