Sr. Claims Representative (Complex Auto)
Job ID : 6658
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Ottawa, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provide prompt, courteous, accurate and fair claims service to all customers, internal and external
- Manage complex and/or commercial auto claims
- Fully explain the claim process to all customers in a way they’ll easily understand
- Interpret and apply policy wordings to determine appropriate coverage under a customer’s policy
- Ensure all claims are promptly and fully investigated, collaborating with fraud investigators when necessary
- Work with the customer, broker, and preferred vendors to determine the best way to resolve the claim
- Maintain detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Process claims payments within your authority level
- Initiate salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned claims
- Achieve the targeted number of assigned claims per year, while living our core values and meeting competencies
- Achieve and maintain a file disposition rate of 100% on a monthly basis
What do you bring to the role?
- Whether you’re dealing with customers or co-workers, you’re always professional, friendly and courteous.
- Preferably, you have a University degree in any discipline or a college diploma or the CIP designation
- Minimum of 3 years experience handling automobile physical damage claims of moderately complex to complex in nature
- Advanced knowledge of claims processes and procedures, including experience in both tort and DCPD provinces
- You excel under and are comfortable with change
- A demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills-detail-oriented and highly organized
- A high proficiency with Windows based programs with excellent keyboarding skills
- You are team oriented - you value collegiality and accomplishing goals together
- You’re an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and an even better listener
- An active license in the provinces of New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island (or the ability to obtain) is an asset
- Bilingualism (French & English) is considered an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).