This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6653
Category : Petline Insurance
Brand : Petline
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Winnipeg, Canada
Petline is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Who We’re Looking for:
- You’re very organized, resourceful, fast, and have impeccable attention to detail
- You’re a natural storyteller, with a knack for blending and selecting the most appropriate content for each message (including short copy, articles, videos, images etc.)
- You challenge the status quo and love finding ways to repurpose great content or suggesting new content that will exceed audience expectations
- You have an avid interest in digital and content marketing, and you keep up with industry news and trends, and are familiar with memes and themes to ensure timely and relevant information
- You’re customer-focused and you thrive in a team environment
- You’re effective and calm when working under pressure
- You’re professional, friendly, and courteous
- You’re curious and always open to learning and expanding your skills
What you can expect from this role?
- Bring the social media and online community management strategy to life, improving our current presence and helping to assess new channels
- Participate in planning the social content calendar for each channel, working with our content team, business units, and designers to create, adapt, optimize, and deliver content that educates and inspires our audience to take action
- Ensure we engage with our community and respond to comments in a timely, consistent, and appropriate way
- Set up, execute, monitor, and measure social media campaigns and budget spend, with a focus on testing and optimization
- Stay current on social media and digital content marketing best practices through industry research and learning opportunities, and provide insightful input into how we evolve our social media strategy and practice
- Edit content for social media purposes from internal and external contributors
- Review available data/reports related to our social channels, and adapt to maximize future results
What you bring to the role?
- College Diploma or University Degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or related discipline
- 1-3 years of progressive, professional experience in developing and executing on social media strategies and community engagement tactics
- Organization and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience in leveraging paid and organic social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook Ads)
- Proven ability to develop content through deep consumer understanding and strong data analysis
- Customer service advocacy and response experience, and the ability to handle sensitive conversations with diplomacy and in keeping with brand experience and privacy standards
- Professional knowledge of multiple social platforms (mandatory for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram), and how to leverage unique influencer opportunities for each channel
- Strong ability to influence and natural ability to engage, persuade, and operate with key partners, through written and verbal communication
- French is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).