Actuarial Pricing Manager, Personal Insurance
Job ID : 6643
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
We are looking for an experienced Actuarial Pricing Manager to join our Personal Insurance Pricing department at Definity. As an Actuarial Pricing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing pricing strategies for various insurance products. You will work closely with the underwriting, product development, portfolio management and senior leadership teams to ensure that our products are priced appropriately for profitability and competitive positioning.
What can you expect in this role?
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to set pricing priorities align with business objectives.
- Design, develop, and implement pricing strategies in meeting the profitability objectives of the given portfolio(s).
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies to gain approval for and execute on these strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate pricing performance and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Inspire, develop, and lead the team of actuarial analysts.
- As part of the Personal Insurance Pricing Management Team, help deliver increased business value and support profitable growth from implementation of actions rooted in best-in-class analysis and insights.
What do you bring to the role?
- University Degree in Actuarial Science, or a relevant discipline
- Associateship/Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society or equivalent professional designation
- At least 5 years of full-time experience in actuarial pricing with a preference for individuals who have experience managing or coaching a small team of analysts.
- Knowledge of insurance regulations and compliance requirements related to pricing and underwriting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Excellent project management skills, including communication, organization, and execution ability to promote and supervise a team effort towards successful project delivery.
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams in achieving organizational goals.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).