Senior Solutions Architect - Guidewire ClaimCentre
Job ID : 6644
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Follow design and development procedures, processes, standards and tools that align to Definity’s methodology and best practices
- Apply industry standards and technical expertise to provide sound solutions that increase business results and/or minimize business and technical risk
- Ensure that software designs and coding practices result in a high-quality product that follows Definity’s architectural principles and direction and meets both functional and non-functional requirements
- Communicate, champion, and promote the understanding of current industry trends and emerging technologies and how they can be applied.
- Constantly looks for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo.
- Effectively communicate and explain technology and its implications to various stakeholders
- Partners with Business-aligned teams to design solutions in line with the future state architecture.
- Engage with Platform-aligned teams to design and consume common, enterprise solutions to support the organization’s required capabilities.
What you bring
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, information Systems or a related discipline
- 5+ years of Guidewire architecture and development experience in ClaimCenter including a mix of configuration and integration work
- Demonstrated knowledge & architecture experience in some of the following:
- Systems Architecture (at the macro and micro level)
- API or Service oriented architecture
- Event driven architecture
- Application architecture
- Integration architecture
- Distributed systems architecture
- Data architecture and modeling
- Infrastructure architecture
- Digital architecture
- Knowledge of common integration design patterns used by ClaimCenter, including the typical internal and external systems that are common (e.g., Policy, Cheque Printing)
- Experience creating UML diagrams
- Expertise in architecting claims solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Knowledge of modern insurance platforms and awareness of migration and rationalization strategies and architectures to modernize older, legacy claims systems.
- Hands-on experience designing & building property and casualty insurance systems in Guidewire.
- Subject matter expertise in the Guidewire Cloud Platform.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).