Advisor, Productivity Insights & Performance
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6635
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range :
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect from this role?
- This role will be a manager-level role reporting to the Director, Operational Excellence in our Commercial Insurance Business Unit
- You will be joining a team of passionate insurance professionals focused on driving productivity, service and performance improvement across Commercial Insurance – A team that is excited to continue to support and empower the growth of a national business through a holistic multi-year transformation program
- Perform a critical role in conducting analysis, communicating and influencing action planning related to productivity, service and business performance.
- Key activities will include productivity tracking, insight development, root cause analysis, and action planning jointly with CI Operations and CI Regional Underwriting & Processing.
- Proactive and resourceful in conducting root cause analysis that provides the business with a data-driven basis for prioritizing productivity and service opportunities and defining actions that will have a direct impact on frontline business performance
- Able to articulate clear business questions to guide productivity analysis, and translate these questions into the business requirements and structure for developing new forms of productivity and business reporting; clearly articulates the key data inputs, assumptions and calculations needed from their counterparts in CI Operations
- Leads cross-functional working group(s) to conduct structured qualitative and quantitative analysis of the root cause of business performance gaps
- Able to review dense, multi-factor productivity analysis, identify key insights, and articulate these into graphical, written, and verbal summaries for key audiences - both senior leaders and frontline management staff
- Owns the development of the CI transformation business case from operational and financial modeling to developing pithy executive presentation materials
- Develops and implements a structured approach to track and monitor business benefit realization
- Effectively manages stakeholders and counterparts to compile inputs to key deliverables – including quarterly business insights, annual business cases and benefits tracking
- Skilled in developing effective business presentations and proposals for senior leadership and management audiences to share productivity insights in an engaging and succinct way
What you bring to this role?
- Highly energetic and outcomes focused, with the ability to deliver quality results - Ability to identify, articulate and drive issues to resolution
- University degree in a related field of study (e.g., Business, Commerce, Actuarial Studies, Math, Economics, etc.).
- 5+ years’ experience working through the structuring, analysis, and insights development for Line of Business or enterprise performance in topics such as productivity analysis, service analysis, operational expense management, and/or transformation benefits analysis
- Preference for P&C insurance experience, or related financial services industries
- Possess broad business and financial analysis knowledge and mindset that allows you to develop a point of view on the drivers and barriers to performance across process effectiveness, system workflow, skills & abilities, culture, and performance management.
- The individual in role will be an effective communicator, able to develop and deliver compelling data-driven presentations, comfortable engaging cross-functional groups to elicit input, and motivating regional teams to take action
- Experience may include time within Management Consulting, Finance Performance & Analysis, Underwriting Operations, Operational Excellence, and/or Strategy & Planning functions
- Expertise and experience in operational productivity analysis, financial analysis, business case design & development
- Clear data visualization, written and verbal communication skills
- Very proficient in using Excel to develop traceable, scenario-based business case analysis
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).