Support, Corporate Services
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6637
Category : Finance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
In the mail room, you will be responsible for performing routine mail services including the following:
- Efficient collecting, sorting and distributing of both internal and external mail and supplies.
- Carrying out the timely and accurate sorting and drop filing of outgoing broker mail.
- Weighing and preparing mail and courier packages for shipping.
- Operating postal and courier equipment.
- Maintaining accurate records of postage and courier activity on the mailroom electronic database.
- Arranging for pick-up and delivery using courier services as required.
- Providing reception relief for main switchboard as required, this includes answering and directing calls and customer inquiries.
- General clerical duties as assigned.
- Handling other duties promoting the achievement of customer service and business goals, as required.
What do you bring to the role?
- Highschool diploma
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exceptional customer service
- Familiar with Microsoft office products
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).