Director, Digital Product Content and Lifecycle Management (12 Month Contract)
Job ID : 6633
Category : Sonnet Insurance
Brand : Sonnet
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Director, Digital Product Content and Lifecycle Management
12 Month Contract
The Director, Digital Product Content and Lifecycle Management is the digital product leader of Sonnet’s content management (CMS) and customer engagement (CRM) initiatives, responsible for leading a team of SEO, Content and CRM subject matter experts in the development, optimization and implementation of initiatives to drive lead capture, purchase and retention.
This individual is an expert in digital product management, content strategy, SEO, customer segmentation, localization and engagement, as well as analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates across departments (primarily Business Insights, Marketing, Technology Services and Customer Service) to create and deliver a roadmap that brings Sonnet’s business priorities to life on both sonnet.ca and in CRM.
What can you expect in this role?
Digital Content Management
- Ownership of the content strategy/CMS roadmap, delivering on Sonnet’s business priorities, including SEO, business development, UX and marketing initiatives. Continuously evolves and optimizes the roadmap to adapt to changing business needs, market data, and user and a/b testing results.
- Collaborate with the Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure the product backlogs deliver on the strategic roadmap.
- Leadership of the SEO and Content teams as an arbiter of best practices, ensuring all content delivers on KPIs and is on-brand, consistent, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, mobile, social, video, email, collateral and customer service.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies through the CMS.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioural metrics (quoting, purchasing, loyalty).
- Lead the design, implementation and evaluation of CRM and SMS lifecycle campaigns including journey, trigger-based, engagement and retention programs.
- Continuously monitor and optimize CRM programs to ensure alignment with business strategy and outcomes.
- Work with team to conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and analytics (or coordinate with those who do) and make recommendations based on those results.
- Prepare regular reporting, identify performance trends; shifting strategy as needed to ensure KPIs are being met and exceeded.
- Identify and manage customer targeting and segmentation strategies and maintain list health and performance.
- Work with partners to build and launch complex automated campaigns and inform capability updates and enhancements.
- Conduct periodic competitive audits.
What do you bring to this role?
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader in digital strategy (digital product, content strategy customer experience, marketing etc.).
- Demonstrated success in developing strategy and guiding implementation of programs & campaigns.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly. Great powers of persuasion and presentation and an excellent negotiator and mediator.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics with agency and client-side knowledge
- Familiar with marketing automation platforms (e.g., Braze, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe, etc.)
- Experience with major business software applications and CMS systems (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- Experience in leading a team including hiring, managing and motivating team members, and conducting performance reviews.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).