Job ID : 6632
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for all coordination and executive support functions for the SVP, Strategy & Legal. The successful candidate will also provide a full range of administrative support to the Corporate Strategy Office team where necessary. We are seeking someone that can build strong relationships and loves to get engaged with all aspects of the team.
What can you expect from this role?
- Have full responsibility for executive calendar.
- Manage and schedule appointments independently to ensure most efficient use of executive time.
- Plan and execute all aspects of team meetings and special events, including venue and technical support arrangements and the development of Power Point presentations.
- Serve as a key source of energy for team culture and engagement
- Initiate and manage documentation including highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Booking and organization of leader’s travel requirements (as required)\
- Compile information and prepare reports and correspondence for executive and senior leadership
Budget and Expenses:
- Develop framework budget based on historical data and business plans. Input budget, co-ordinate budget/reforecast processes and ensure deadlines are met.
- Canvass and compile information to support quarter risk management reporting processes
- Monitor monthly reports and track expenses, following up on discrepancies when necessary.
- Review all direct report expense reports for accuracy and policy compliance.
- Complete, prepare and submit payment of invoices and company expenses
- Using own judgment, responsible for handling expenses to an authorized maximum amount.
- Provide general administrative support to the leadership team, including coordinating working group and project-related calendar and meeting requirements.
- Assist with new hire and onboarding processes
- Ensure effective information management and record-keeping
- Provide required support that includes database administration, spreadsheets, pdf, and word processing
- Act as back up support for department team members during absences and peak periods, learning key responsibilities
- Other duties as required
Who We’re Looking For:
- You’re a superior planner, organizer and coordinator
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You’re an outstanding verbal and written communicator
- You perform well in a busy operation, remain calm under pressure and adapt to a changing environment
- You’re looking to build and maintain strong relationships
- Committed to continuous improvement and customer service; professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions
- You have a knack for working with minimal direct supervision
- You are a great team player
What you bring to the role?
- University degree or College diploma in related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative support position; experience supporting at the executive level is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in order to produce professional correspondence and documentation
- Superior planning, organization and coordination skills; impeccable calendar management skills and able to prioritize meetings on behalf of the executive
- Ability to work independently, proactive, forward-thinking and resourceful
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational and time management skill
- High level of maturity and integrity with respect to confidential information
- High level of comfort dealing with senior level staff
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).