Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Engineering Specialist
Job ID : 6622
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Engineering Specialist in Definity’s Infrastructure and Cloud Engineering team are responsible for end to end ownership of the Public Cloud and Data Centre platform and environments. Working closely with a wide range of stakeholders across all parts of Definity’s business the Environment Manger is a dynamic and exciting position that is integral to our success in IT.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead environment delivery across multiple types of Technology(e.g., COBOL, IIB, WebSphere, Tom Cat, AWS Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, etc )
- Establish and maintain practical environment governance practices and forums, ensuring that project impediments and blockers are resolved in a timely manner, while also keeping stakeholders informed
- Manage and drive resolution / mitigation for known issues and risks
- Support coordination with TS Architects to develop high-level solution designs
- Build strong working relationships within the TS organization to ensure optimal performance and ensure that what we deliver, meets business and technology objectives, results, and benefits
- Use appropriate fact-based metrics / assumptions to determine and convey impact on budget, time, and risk.
- Support TS platform leaders with informing project plans and strategy
- Support ad-hoc environment analysis and reporting
- Assign and track technical components assignment
- Support good cost management and decommissioning efforts
- Ensure technical components are used to their maximum capacity
- Ensure consistent resource allocation for all technical components
- Work with Project to develop an environment strategy document that meets their needs
- Work with third party vendors to manage SAAS items (salesforce, GuideWire)
- Work with other technical teams and vendors to resolve integration issues
What you bring to the role
- Degree in computer science or a related discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of leading and implementing technology initiatives in financial services
- 2+ years of Cloud experience on any of the major Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Proven track record of success using automation to adapt to changing needs, and how to
- Strong problem resolution, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Shift development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures
- Experience with the following technologies:
- IBM Integration Bus
- IBM WebSphere
- Bitbucket and Git
- IBM DB2 for LUW
- GWCP – Guildwire Cloud Platform
- Multi-Account environment
- API Gateway
- DataHub, Pentaho (nice to have, but not required)
- Cobol (nice to have, but not required)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).