Technology Delivery Manager
Job ID : 6620
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Build cloud migration plans and lead and perform readiness assessment and planning engagements
- Lead discussions to select the best technical approach (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others) and formulate an effective strategy
- Create detailed plans, estimate efforts, and define the required project team for large programs
- Build & Maintain relationships with clients, stakeholders, vendors, and peers becoming the “trusted advisor”
- Build , execute and monitor change management plan
- Lead and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight ,and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers
What you bring
- Demonstrated 10+ years of delivery experience including migrating and modernizing applications; covering both technical aspects (applications and databases) and mitigating impact to business users and operations
- Understanding of tools (ex. discovery, workload profiling, schema conversion, and live and off-line )
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of IT operations, computing, IT strategy, business architecture, or enterprise architecture
- BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience
- Experience in architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, and horizontal & vertical scaling
- Experience in an IT strategy & enterprise architecture/ consulting role in an organization that has executed large scale migrations to cloud
- Cloud certifications
- Agile certifications
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).