Bilingual Representative, Insurance Sales
Job ID : 6598
Category : Petline Insurance
Brand : Petline
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Petline is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Promote and educate prospects on Pet Health Insurance (PHI) to sell pet health insurance via inbound and outbound calls and/or online
- Assist customers with policy and claims-related inquiries and up-selling/retaining PHI policies with existing customers
- Achieve targets through sales and recommendations to bind client policies via inbound and outbound calls
- Determine appropriate insurance products and coverage levels for clients
- Contribute to continuous improvements of sales and service processes
- Accurately document and follow up with customers to maintain client files
What do you bring to the role?
- Bilingual ENGLISH and FRENCH is a must
- AMF Damage Insurance License, Level 1 OR Level 2 is a must
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You’re versed in navigating multiple computer programs at once
- You’re experienced at achieving individual and team goals
- You have proven ability to recognize sales opportunities in a contact center environment
- 2-3 years of experience with outbound sales is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).