Business Process Analyst Intern/Co-op Fall 2023
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6585
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range :
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
YOUR NEXT PLACEMENT
Work term: Fall 2023
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What you’ll be doing
- Reporting to the Manager, Process Improvement, this individual will conduct process analysis, consolidate findings and develop recommendations on business processes, procedures and tools within Commercial Insurance.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in analyzing processes to understand current state performance using tools such as process mapping, customer value and cycle time analysis.
- The Business Process Specialist will prepare process documentation through various means including observations and interviews.
- This role will apply continuous improvement tools and methodologies (e.g lean, six sigma), working with stakeholders to identify and close gaps in current performance.
- The Business Process Specialist role requires strong analytical and critical thinking skills to effectively understand gaps and identify future state process design options to meet business requirements and enhance the customer experience.
- This position requires someone with strong communication and facilitation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders at all levels.
What you bring
- College or University student enrolled in relevant business program.
- Training, knowledge, and/or hands-on experience using one or more of the following tools and systems is required:
Highly proficient with excel, visio, and other similar analysis and mapping tools.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw insights, understand the 'so what', and communicate key findings.
- Creative, innovative thinker who sees beyond how things are done today to imagine a better way, and thinks about the big picture, long term direction.
- Superior facilitation and coaching skills, create an environment that is highly collaborative, create strong buy-in, and transfer process improvement knowledge and techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including the abilitiy to present data and information in a logical way, and ability to influence and achieve support for change.
- Able to adapt communications to different audiences.
- Leadership skills including strong relationship building, high integrity, self-awareness, empathy, professionalism, and openness.
- Has initiative, works independently, is organized, and manages time effectively in a fast paced environment.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it:
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).