Commercial Pricing System Analyst Intern/Co-op Fall 2023
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6586
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT PLACEMENT
Work term: Fall 2023
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What you’ll be doing
- Implement complex pricing and mathematical algorithms into internal systems using a variety of tools and programs
- Define test scenarios (including data required, acceptance criteria, rules, etc.) for business requirements from the commercial pricing team
- Develop, implement, and execute test cases to ensure quality standards are met
- Define and optimize business rate change processes to achieve business goals
- Conduct data extraction and analysis in support of actuarial and analytical projects
- Optimize data collection and data delivery and build analytical tools
What you bring
- University/college degree/diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Software Engineering)
- 2+ years of programming experience (knowledge of SAS, SQL, R/Python, Guidewire, and Towers Watson Radar, Excel, Microsoft Office are an asset)
- Experience developing and executing test cases and working with large datasets
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and strong problem solving skills with the ability to gather information and analyze and solve through complexities
- Knowledge of insurance products is an asset
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it:
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).