Claims Technical Advisor, Auto Appraisal
Job ID : 6581
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Respond to inquiries and provide technical expertise to adjusters for both APD and Appraisal related functions
- Provide feedback and coaching to claims Team Leaders to identify gaps and areas of opportunity
- Identify and report on trends and gaps from adjuster interaction.
- Ability to provide feedback and coaching while maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanor to all relevant stakeholders
- Review appraisal escalations provided by team leaders with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide coaching and development to claims staff and Auto Physical Damage Team Leaders on the appraisal process.
- Assist in the ongoing development of staff on interpretation of appraisal documents
- Provide coaching and development on Audatex usage and be the liaison for any assignment changes or updates that are required
- Maintain a constant feedback loop with claims staff and Auto Physical Damage Team Leaders.
- Assist with Internal & External conflict/dispute resolution while providing support with technical APD / Appraisal claim positions
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in automobile repair techniques, estimating software, hardware, and vehicle evaluations.
- Maintain a courteous attitude with all interactions with adjusting staff.
- Have a team mentality and ability to work outside of silos.
- Provide both internal and external dispute resolution support to convey technical APD Appraisal claim positions to all relevant stakeholders
- Act as a liaison when required with the Office of the Ombudsperson regarding customer complaints
What do you bring to the role?
- Minimum of 5 years of Auto Adjusting experience within Personal & Commercial lines
- Completion of CIP or CRM designations is an asset
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for coaching and development as well as client service.
- You bring a sense of understanding and inclusion to problem solving.
- Develop collaborative relationships with both external and internal customers.
- Proficiency and strong knowledge with the Audatex Solera estimating software is an asset.
- Demonstrate technical working knowledge of auto body collision and mechanical repairs.
- Must have good working knowledge of the collision industry.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Completion of I-Car and/or technical courses is an asset.
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Excellent and responsive negotiation skills
- You must be enthusiastic and goal oriented
- Work in a fast-paced environment with continual changes
- You’re dependable with strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- College/university/technical degree is an asset.
- Fully proficient in French and English would be an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).