Sr Associate, Strategy Development
Job ID : 6582
Category : Strategy & Legal
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Act as an “in-house management consultant” – apply strategic thinking and creativity to solve complex Corporate Strategy problems
- Be constantly challenged by strategic requests from different businesses and functions that require unique problem-solving methods and frameworks
- Work in cross-functional teams to support strategy development and gain exposure to different functions within the Definity enterprise
- Support deliverables that will shape decision-making by the executive team and Board
- Engage with a wide spectrum of functional executives across different businesses
- Support analysis to arrive at options and recommendations using a hypothesis and data driven approach
- Opportunity to explore research and development of emerging/new innovative ideas to the organization
- Do all this in a supportive environment led by empathetic leaders who encourage pursuit of your passions and learnings
- Work-life balance and flexibility with no overnight travel
What do you bring to the role?
- Minimum of 3 years of management consulting experience gained at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Strategy development experience across a variety of strategic problems such as new market entry, new product launch, competitive assessments, etc.
- Strong business acumen, with aptitude for strategic, analytical and critical thinking
- Exceptional written presentation skills, with the ability to prepare informative and impactful presentation decks to express complex ideas graphically
- Team player; demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve results
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple, conflicting priorities
- Attention to details and willingness to learn from others
- Ability to adjust to ebb and flows of team demands
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is required
- Insurance industry experience is not necessary
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Definity we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).