Technology Business Coordinator Intern/Co-op Fall 2023
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6549
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
YOUR NEXT PLACEMENT
Work term: Fall 2023
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What you’ll be doing
Create and maintain new and existing intake requests through JIRA & Clarity
Clarity and JIRA intake request tracking and reporting
Liaise with business partners to identify and define problem statements and objectives to achieve desired customer outcome
Provide 2022 Strategic Planning support and consolidation of all requests
Creation and/or updating of executive PowerPoint presentations
Chair meetings, take & distribute minutes to all team members and stakeholders
Keep the Technology Business Partner or Architect apprised of any emerging issues as they arise that may impact our customer
Assist in quality assurance (engineering) tasks as needed
Liaise with Technology Delivery Manager in the management of change tickets (via ITSM processes) as needed
Consolidate and manage team confluence pages
What you bring
Currently enrolled in a University or College Program; preferred field of study is Computer Science, Technology or related Business discipline.
Previous experience working in a technology solution environment is an asset
Previous experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is an asset
Proficient in MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Teams is an asset
Experience with JIRA, ServiceNow, Clarity (CA PPM), ServiceNow is an asset
Self-driven, able to move tasks & requests forward independently and with personal accountability
Team player and excellent collaborator, able to both lead & participate to develop solutions with strong customer focus
Detailed orientated, organized and resourceful
Adaptive and Agile, able to rapidly pivot your efforts between multiple priorities as business needs change to provide value to our customers
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it:
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).