Team Leader, Image Desk Auto Appraiser
Job ID : 6559
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
This is a Hybrid position requiring a minimum 2 days per week in the office; candidates must reside within a reasonable commuting distance to our office branch location to facilitate staff interaction, meetings, training, and one-one coaching. This position may require travel periodically throughout the year.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provides direction, coaching and support to those positions reporting directly and indirectly, including new hire orientation, performance management, vacations, training etc.
- Maintains or develops a high level of expertise with new repair techniques, industry guidelines, new vehicle technology and implements all new appraisal system software by delivering the training for staff.
- Becomes a subject matter expert on estimating systems for the inside appraisal positions.
- Handles all complaints once they have been escalated and ensures proper documentation and closure on all system.
- Is the liaison between the appraisal unit and all other departments, which includes attending various monthly meetings with leaders of other departments.
- Work on the catastrophe support team when requested by management.
- Attend I-CAR training
- Attend Definity Appraisal conference.
- Monitor team performance against KPIs and report on key metrics
- Manage a group of inside image desk appraisers.
- Performance manage and develop direct reports.
- Work in a fast-paced environment
What do you bring to the role?
- Possessing one or more of the following would be an asset: Certified Automobile Repairer, Certified Automobile Estimator, holds Type ‘310B’ or a ‘310A’ license that is valid and up to date.
- A minimum of a two-year College Diploma in an acceptable discipline to Definity or a University degree
- Appraisal experience within the auto repair industry and 1+ years in a leadership role would be an asset.
- I-CAR Industry platinum certification as well as completed in class Audatex Solera Estimating software training would be an asset.
- Demonstrated advance level of understanding in Audatex Solera imaging systems and Autosource Total Loss evaluation is an asset.
- Bilingual in both French and English, verbal and written would be an asset.
- Claims experience within the auto physical damage industry along with a skill set allowing the preparation of appraisals using computerized Audatex Solera estimating software programs would be an asset.
- Ability to understand or learn management reports and estimating data.
- Professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous in all interactions all stakeholders
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure.
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Would be an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and timelines
- Customer focused
- Has a great work ethic
- Strong collaborator with a problem solving mindset
- Effective leadership to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to generate staff production reporting
- Ability to motivate and engage staff
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).