Systems Analyst, Commercial Pricing
Job ID : 6561
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Implement complex pricing and mathematical algorithms into internal systems using a variety of tools and programs
- Define test scenarios (including data required, acceptance criteria, rules, etc.) for business requirements from the commercial pricing team
- Develop, implement, and execute test cases to ensure quality standards are met
- Define and optimize business rate change processes to achieve business goals
- Conduct data extraction and analysis in support of actuarial and analytical projects
- Optimize data collection and data delivery and build analytical tools
What do you bring to the role?
- University/college degree/diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Software Engineering)
- 2+ years of programming experience (knowledge of SAS, SQL, R/Python, Guidewire, and Towers Watson Radar, Excel, Microsoft Office are an asset)
- Experience developing and executing test cases and working with large datasets
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and strong problem solving skills with the ability to gather information and analyze and solve through complexities
- Knowledge of insurance products is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).