Senior Salesforce Developer
Job ID : 6540
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you’ll be working on a variety of initiatives to build out capabilities on Salesforce that benefit our colleagues and customers. Your background and knowledge of developing on this platform will allow Definity to harness the power of Salesforce to deliver innovative solutions that drive business efficiencies and benefits.
What can you expect in this role?
Our Salesforce practitioners form part of our larger Platforms team, tasked with designing and delivering cross-cutting capabilities for optimal reuse across the organization.
- Perform hands on implementation, configuration and development of the various components of Salesforce FSC for Insurance and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Independently develop and deliver high-quality code in line with project timelines and cost expectations.
- Participate across the entire lifecycle of a project through inception, requirements gathering, design, implementation, deployment and maintenance.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest Salesforce enhancements and releases and understand how they can bring benefit to Economical.
What do you bring to the role?
- 5 years’ experience implementing IT projects in Salesforce technology platforms, with full cycle implementation of the following:
- Extensive Salesforce development experience (Apex trigger frameworks, Schedulable / Batch / Queueable apex, etc.)
- Extensive UI design and development experience with Lightning Web Components, VF and Aura are nice to have
- Deep knowledge in Software Product Development processes and the design and implementation of DevOps Enablement tools (e.g. GIT, CI/CD, JIRA)
- Deep understanding of platform integration patterns and APIs, system integrations, software engineering patterns, development of architectural/high level designs within defined architectural frameworks, and software engineering patterns
- Proven experience across multiple languages and technology stacks (Java, C, C++, C#, Objective C, SQL Server etc.)
- Proven experience in complex integration of multiple systems
- The ability to lead solutioning discussions and develop technical solutions with minimal technical guidance
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, facilitation of decision making, documentation and managing expectations
- Proven experience with the Agile methodology
- Strong preference for candidates who are Salesforce.com certified in the following areas:
- Development (Level I and Level II)
- Technical Architecture (Domain Specialist, CTA)
- Consulting Certification (Sales, Service and Marketing Cloud)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).