Production Support Specialist - Microservices
Job ID : 6528
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Expertise on Java, spring boot and microservices framework
- Understand and deploy observability framework around monitoring for components from a) technical view 2) business layer
- Support to deploy monitoring agents monitor, administrate, triage & escalate issues primarily around microservices framework
- Develop and maintain documented processes and procedures for specific deployment requirements of applications and infrastructure
- Act as primary engagement SPOC for observability partners, engage with Tier 2/3 application / production support teams, internal and external service providers, and SME as needed to set observability to help track and resolve incidents
- Assist in the resolution of incidents where observability tool itself is potentially the cause of the incident
- Knowledge on observability tool like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, DataDog required
- Knowledge on business dashboard creation
- Reporting and Governance - Daily Connect and Weekly/Monthly Status Reviews
- Observe failures, identify patterns, coordinate investigation with infrastructure and application teams
- Work with DevOps, infrastructure and application teams to keep agents running on latest versions
- Actively monitor deployed agents' status, Health Rules and Alerts, Dashboard accuracy, and communicate with teams
- Management of Certification Expiration / Updates and overall Support and Maintenance of the observability environments (test & prod) for applications deployed to that platform
What do you bring to the role?
- Strong 3+ yrs experience in creating and deploy an observability framework – focused on microservices landscape and extendible to any other business area
- Ability to think of observability at a business layer and skillset to convert business problem into technical integrations to observe
- Usage expertise on any of industry leading observability tool, example AppDynamics
- Focus on delivering business value in every technology delivery
- Ability to effectively create meaningful business dashboards
- Effective Communication, Execution Excellence, Innovation, ITSM (IT Service Management)
- Managing Change, Planning, Requirements Management, Strategic Orientation, Technology Trends
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).