Senior Representative, Property Claims
Job ID : 6518
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Winnipeg, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
In this role, you will:
- Manage moderate to complex personal and commercial property claims
- Accepting notice of claim and working with the customer and preferred Vendors to ensure the best course of action is taken to resolve the claim quickly and efficiently
- Confirming policy coverage by ensuring the facts of the claim fall within the scope of the policy
- Maintaining detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Processing claims payments within level of authority after verifying claimant's entitlement
- Initiating salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned files
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree or 2-year college diploma in one of the following programs: Insurance, Law & Security, Loss Control or Business Administration and/or the CIP designation
- Minimum 5 years of property claims adjusting experience
- Bilingualism in English and French is a strong asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with related business experience, particularly in commercial and field adjusting
- Ability to navigate through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
- Effective written and verbal communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- Able to perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).