Senior Risk Services Consultant, Property
Job ID : 6503
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Senior Risk Services Consultant will perform onsite property risk assessments for commercial insurance customers and prospects, including providing full reports to underwriters and developing recommendations to improve the customer’s risk. You'll provide consultative assistance to customers, brokers, and underwriters on topics relating to commercial property risk, including business interruption and natural hazards. Responsible for developing customer service strategies to support customers and underwriters throughout the policy lifecycle.
What can you expect in this role?
- Remote position reporting to Risk Services Manager for Property, primarily supporting business in Quebec (occasional work in Ontario and Eastern Canada)
- Conduct onsite assessments of commercial property risks (including light commercial, manufacturing, forestry, etc.)
- Issue and manage recommendations to support ongoing risk improvement
- Provide technical support, through work on technical reference materials, customer risk aids, and ongoing technical referrals from underwriting
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 or more years in loss control / risk services R High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 10 or more years in loss control / risk services
- Formal education or training in fire protection (e.g. diploma or certification in fire protection technology)
- Experience setting up and completing onsite risk assessments
- Experience with relevant codes and standards (e.g. national/provincial fire codes, NFPA, FM), as well as awareness of best practice and industry trends
- Skills in customer management, presentation, and time management
- Fluency in English and French
- Ability to travel throughout Canada (as necessary)
- Experience with Machinery Breakdown risk is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).