Representative, Billing Support
Job ID : 6484
Category : Finance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Manage Agency Bill business including payment management, statement keying and reconciliations
- Support inquiries through various channels (phone, email) pertaining to pricing, billing and payments in an efficient manner using their knowledge and decision-making authority to effectively resolve broker inquiries in a single contact
- Manage broker related commission inquiries
- Influencing customer loyalty with professionalism and courtesy to resolve issues
- The BSR manages inbound and outbound calls to internal and external customers regarding broker bill processes in a contact centre environment to established service level targets
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and detailed financial records according to alignment with the strategic direction of Finance
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or college diploma
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Demonstrates professionalism, courteous in all interactions and remains calm under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and detailed financial records according to company procedure
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills and attention to detail are critical in this role.
- Works well independently and in a team environment and manages effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates accountability to provide resolution
- Preference will be given to French bilingual candidates
- Successful clearance of a background checks including credit & criminal checks along with business references
- All our roles are currently Hybrid
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).