Specialist, Business Development - Contract until Feb 2025
Job ID : 6485
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Dartmouth, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Actively manage relationships within the existing Broker network
- Support brokerage sales pursuits on ongoing basis
- Act as the primary point of contact for designated brokerages while working in conjunction with Business Development Advisor(s), in executing the regional strategy and achievement of the territory sales targets
- Deploy Broker services and solutions
- Provide excellent customer service to support operational efficiency
- Create strategic growth opportunities across lines of business
- Drive Broker satisfaction in alignment with the Broker segmentation strategy
- You’ll develop and implement a Broker service advisory plan for Broker implementation of Economical systems, services, and technologies to support achievement of adoption rates for each Broker segment
- Manage business inquiry and complaint resolution
- Act as a regional SME on Broker and Economical systems and technologies
- Work with the Business Development Advisor in managing Broker relationships to drive profitable GWP growth, and collaborates with peers in Business Development, Regional & National Underwriting Operations and Claims in your Region to share market intelligence and deliver a consistent Broker experience which meets or exceeds Broker expectations and needs
What do you bring to the role?
- Strong working knowledge of Personal Insurance, Commercial Insurance and Farm Insurance lines of business, which are key success factors for operating in Economical’ s multi-line sales environment
- 3 to 5 years of Property and Casualty experience, preferably in underwriting, sales, or marketing
- A valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company · Preference will be given to bilingual candidates (French and English)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A strong ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders