Consultant, Auto Risk Services
Job ID : 6482
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Conduct assessments of commercial auto fleet operations to assess and evaluate safety and risk management practices, including driver hiring, training, fatigue risk management, vehicle maintenance, and accident investigation
- Produce high quality reports for customers, brokers, and underwriting
- Work directly with commercial auto customers in improving their risk through issuing risk improvement recommendations and providing ongoing guidance and support
- Attend industry functions (conventions, seminars, trade meetings) to support Risk Services and Underwriting in staying up-to-date on industry trends and developments
- Provide support to claims in understanding risk factors contributing to losses and providing technical insight into claims performance analysis
- Collaborate to develop technical standards and process guidelines for Risk Services and Underwriting
- Develop and deliver training and information sessions for underwriters, brokers, and customers
What do you bring to the role?
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in the form of technical diploma in a discipline related to fleet safety and loss prevention , e.g. Certification in transportation safety in the motor carrier sector
- 5 years of experience in motor carrier fleet loss prevention
- Knowledge of Canadian and US commercial auto codes and regulations (i.e. National Safety Code, US DOT regulations, etc.)
- Experience in the commercial auto safety or loss prevention industry
- We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).