Analyst, Product & Underwriting
Job ID : 6474
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Calgary, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Product and Underwriting team. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Product & Underwriting and will support all phases of new and existing product research and design in support of the Chief Underwriting Office.
What can you expect in this role?
- Maintain systems' rate file and Product manuals.
- Validate that changes are implemented correctly and in a timely manner;
- Conduct demographic and other consumer research to understand the needs of consumers for product development initiatives at the direction of the Manager;
- Perform complex analyses using MS Excel, and Third-Party Software;
- Develop and maintain competitor databases for product features and underwriting criteria analyses;
- Develop and maintain forms and policy wordings for associated products;
- Assist in monitoring the performance of the portfolio against the operational plan and reporting findings and recommendations to the Manager;
- Support and direct the Product and Underwriting Initiatives:
- Research, analyze, and present findings/recommendations at the sub-committee level;
- Prepare Stakeholder Communications.
- Review regulatory reforms and provide direction to the sub-committee, branches and management;
- Provide subject matter expertise to aid in requirement building;
- Seminar attendance at the Leader’s request.
What do you bring to the role?
- University Degree or College Diploma
- 5 years of experience in an Underwriting decision-making role in Personal Insurance
- Completion or working towards CIP or CRM designations
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Must possess strong working knowledge of Personal Lines auto and/or property products, Guidewire Policy Centre knowledge is considered an asset
- Skilled communicator, verbally and written
- Exceptional ability to manage stakeholder needs, utilizing conflict resolution and negotiating skills when necessary
- Ability to remain organized while under pressure and juggling multiple projects
- Must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Preference given to those with experience handling regulatory filings and product updates
- Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (French & English)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).