Intermediate Cloud & Infrastructure Engineering Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6465
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our highly talented and motivated Cloud Engineering team. The role of a Cloud Engineer at Definity is accountable for designing, architecting, engineering, building, and deploying all resources that run across our multi-cloud environments.
This role will report directly to the manager of Cloud Engineering and work closely with different departments within our Technology Solutions organization.
What you’ll be doing
- Implementation of the desired architecture (cloud, on premise, and hybrid), products, and vendors to be used for programs across the enterprise and ensure they satisfy our business and technology needs
- Implementation of cloud-focused principles and standards to guarantee a scalable, flexible, resilient, and secure environment for Economical/Definity
- Create business architecture models that reflect our strategies and goals
- Work with Engineers/Developers from other teams to recommend and implement appropriate DevOps solutions
- Be the experts right-hand for Technology Business Services, Infrastructure and Operations, 3rd party vendors, and implementation partners
- Continuously assist with identifying & implementing improvement
- Assist teams with actively identifying & resolving technical issues & blockers
- Collaborate in estimating delivery work necessary to realize a requirement through the development lifecycle
- Communicate status of assigned work & provide timely escalation of issues to ensure objectives are met
The key technology in our environment include:
- Cloud: AWS, GCP
- DevOps tools: Vault, Terraform, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Digital Technologies & Tools: Ruby, Angular, HTML5, jQuery, Node, Apache
- Guidewire Architecture: Insurance Suite including Guidewire Policy Center 8, Billing Center 8, including extensive knowledge of Guidewire API’s and Batch functionality
- Integration & Service Architecture: SpringBoot Framework, MQ, SOAP and REST services, Kubernetes, and extensive external integration experience
What you bring
- 3+ years combination of solution design, technical implementation, and infrastructure architecture experience with 1+ years’ experience leading solution or technical architecture teams
- Experience with application architectures, middleware, and technology platform architectures (cloud, on-premise, and hybrid)
- Transformation - Proven track record of success using automation to adapt to changing needs, and how to shift development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures.
- Implementation - Previous work on implementing multiple complex enterprise level changes simultaneously, creating standards, and promoting and measuring adoption
- Operations – Having built on the cloud, you also build and design for stability, low MTTR, DR capability, at scale, post go live.
- Experience deploying full-stack solutions and building development capabilities on cloud platforms (AWS and GCP)
- Everything as Code, DevOps everything mindset
- Experience integrating on-premise systems with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms
- Professional level cloud certification preferred
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).