This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6446
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Technical Processing and you will be accountable for providing superior service in a processing role.
- You’ll gather background information on new commercial business.
- You’ll enter and organize certificates of insurance, renewals, abeyances, letters of experience, quotes, inspections and BI&I into the commercial insurance systems.
- You’ll enter data, coding off-system policies, endorsements, forms, and letters.
- You’ll order required reports on policies (inspections).
- You’ll code with accuracy into the policy administration system all renewals.
- You’ll complete specific policy tasks - ordering loss runs, billing inquiries.
- You’ll follow up on abeyances
- You’ll work closely with the regional underwriting technician as well as the regional underwriters.
- You’ll also help out with general office and other duties as required.
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed high school diploma and relevant work experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary degree or diploma or willingness to complete a CIP designation.
- Strong computer skills including previous experience in working in case management tools, portals or databases will be an asset.
- Bilingual, written and spoken (French and English) will be considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in an underwriting support role
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).