This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6450
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Commercial Learning Partner will be instrumental in developing a department-wide learning curriculum to support career progression. Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Training and Communication, the Learning Partner will be responsible for:
- Developing a curriculum to support career progression from junior to senior underwriting roles
- Conducting learning needs analyses through the lens of portfolio and technology transformation
- Using job profiles and role-based technical and soft-skill competencies, develop instructional content for individual learning modules as part of the overall curriculum offering
- Designing supporting materials for learning deliverables, including scripted facilitator guides, job aids, instructor debrief guides and other learning activities
Working together with leaders in commercial insurance, Human Resources Learning & Development, and the broader CI Transformation team, the successful candidate will help design and overall Commercial Insurance learning curriculum, applying a holistic view of the organization’s strategy and initiatives to create learning plans and deliverables that support effective knowledge transfer and reinforcement.
- Brings to the role knowledge and experience in curriculum definition and role-level learning journey design that delivers on adult learning principles, and shares this expertise to build buy-in for learning solutions.
- Works collaboratively with leaders across CI and HR to develop and maintain talent development resources (career pathing resources, performance management resources, etc.) and supports clear alignment of learning resource to overall career paths.
- Oversee project development timelines, track deliverables, synthesize metrics to report back to senior-level leaders.
- Project manage multiple learning deliverables and track progress towards project milestones.
- Coordinate processes within the Commercial Training team to help ensure all materials are developed to a high standard and are accessible, consumable, and effective.
- Design tracking and monitoring to ensure effectiveness of learning deliverables from a learning and business objectives standpoint.
- Guide best practices in development of eLearning, instructor-led training, job aids, knowledge base articles, and participant materials.
- Be a thought leader by challenging the status quo and joining us on the road less travelled as well as keeping current with leading edge learning solutions and industry trends.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in the field of education, adult education, instructional design
- Minimum 8 -10 years’ experience in the field of adult learning, employee development, or HR, with experience leading curriculum definition and implementation
- Experience in financial services, insurance, or technology preferred
- Project management experience, with a proven ability to oversee multiple project/ program-level deliverables and report to senior-level leaders on key milestones and outcomes
- Proficiency in designing technology-enabled learning solutions to support role-level development and career progression
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, collaboratively, and multi-task many priorities in a project-oriented business
- Previous experience developing strong relationships across all levels of an organization
- Strong business acumen and exceptional communicator
- A proven track record of building and maintaining a high-performance organization and engaged culture
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).