Policy Risk Analyst, Petline (Bilingual)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6442
Category : Petline Insurance
Brand : Petline
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Calgary, Canada
Petline is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Are you a career minded Veterinary Technician looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be part of a team that is passionate about animal health? Do you want to be a part of a culture that’s transforming the perceived value of pet insurance? If you answered yes, then we have just the opportunity for you!
What can you expect in this role?
- Request and analyze medical records to conduct risk assessments and set parameters on new and existing policies to ensure business is placed at sustainable and profitable levels
- Provide expert guidance and support of decisions for risk assessments and policy parameters to cross-functional Petline teams, such as Territory Managers and Insurance Advisors
- Collaborate with the Team Lead – Policy Risk and/or the Petline Veterinary Medical Director to obtain input and guidance regarding potential risks
- Draft customer correspondence and documents of insurance
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the policy risk role by assisting with requirement gathering, process creation, and readiness activities
What do you bring to the role?
- Registered Veterinary Technician / Technologist (RVT) or equivalent designation, minimum 3 years veterinary practice experience preferred
- Post-secondary education in animal health
- Bilingual French a requirement
- Insurance experience an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).