Group Relationship and Operations Intern/Co-op (Summer 2023)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6433
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Sonnet
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range :
Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
YOUR NEXT SUMMER PLACEMENT
Work term: Summer (May 8, 2023 Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist Relationship Manager’s in partner related activities including (tracking and reporting on various marketing tactics, organize intake requests to Marketing and Digital pods, create marketing plan templates for 2024 planning)
- Assist in tracking of project management for some partners
- Support Group and Affinity team with competitor research and insights
- Assist with insurance production and financial data presentations for partners
- Assist with annual group eligibility reviews
- Reviewing RFP websites to send group opportunities to Business Development
What you bring
University or College student in program related to Communications, Business, Marketing
Any insurance related program
Ideally fluent with Microsoft Office Suite
What can Definity offer you?
Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Work Location: Hybrid 351 King Street East, 9th Floor, Toronto ON M5V 1J6
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).