Bilingual Auto Claims, Customer Care Associate
Job ID : 6431
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Edmonton, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
• Respond to incoming calls and call out to customers in a courteous and compassionate manner
•Listen to customer and understand what matters to them in this claim and establish trust
• Gather all necessary claim adjudication information, using natural conversation flow
• Accurately input claim information on to InsurCloud to set-up claim • Provide the insured with basic information on coverage, and arrange any necessary supplemental services
• Create the FNOL and give all contact details to the insured
What do you bring to the role?
• Minimum Secondary school diploma • Must have an aptitude for providing successful customer interactions and an ability to show empathy through emotional intelligence, calmness, using proper telephone etiquette and active listening skills
• Be an excellent communicator and comfortable with various computer applications
• An ability to use CDS and Guidewire would be an asset
• Bilingualism Required (must be fluent in English and French)
• Experience in Customer Service and/or experience working in an inbound call center would be an asset. No insurance industry experience required
* This role requires your to work from 12p.m-8p.m EST.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).