Manager, Commercial Intake
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6427
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Leading the Commercial Insurance Intake team, the manager will be responsible for ensuring their team adheres to defined processes in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Provides leadership level support to Commercial Operations initiatives encompassing project SME involvement for technology changes, analytical analysis and support aligned to strategic objectives.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement with a focus to identify, enable and lead process and workflow changes to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Within established service levels agreements, works with his/her Lead as well as peers and Direct Reports to drive strong results against key performance indicators (KPIs).
What do you bring to the role?
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with prior people leadership experience.
- Team-building skills: Demonstrate an ability to lead and manage a team in a busy and changing environment while fostering positive performance and engagement. Models solid leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop, motivate and retain staff.
- Motivational skills / Communication skills: Proactively communicates information in a clear and positive manner. Layering excellent decision-making skills with a natural aptitude for observation.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).