Product Owner, Content
Job ID : 6401
Category : Sonnet Insurance
Brand : Sonnet
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
The Product Owner plays a significant role in maximizing the value of the Agile Teams to deliver on strategic and operational business outcomes, and oversees all content initiatives for the Sonnet website (eg: landing pages, FAQs, product pages, chatbot), in support of Sonnet strategic priorities.
The Product Owner possesses an in-depth understanding of Sonnet strategy, its targeted market segments, the desired end-to-end customer experience, and is responsible to develop a vision for the final desired product which aligns to the Sonnet strategic priorities.
The role has direct responsibility over a team of Design, Content and Development experts to deliver cross-functional initiatives, with a focus on intake, creation of epics and stories, prioritization based on objectives, design, development AB testing, experimentation, sequencing (leveraging MVPs), delivery and reporting on agreed business KPIs. This role is expected to work collaboratively with key partners such as Marketing, UX and CRM to ensure a cohesive customer experience is delivered to customers.
This role maintains deep relationships and responsibilities outside the immediate Design, Content and Development Team members, including working with Business Owners (eg: Groups & Affinity), Customer Experience, Marketing, Business Insights and other stakeholders (IT, Legal, PR), to consistently embed feedback, data and new thinking into the digital experiences. The Product Owner is empowered and has authority to make decisions, will consult with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as required, and provide single approvals on behalf of key stakeholders.
What do you bring to this role?
- 5+ years experience in product management role or similar within a technology driven business
- Comfortable in Agile development and product management practices
- Expert communicator, must be able to ensure buy-in from stakeholders and influence all major decisions and strategy through collaboration
- Experience driving KPI’s and long term objectives
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, an enviable ability to manage multiple responsibilities and are motivated by an innate need to deliver significant contribution to our customers' success.
- Passionate about delivering products and services that are scalable, high quality and consistent with reusability in mind. Stays current in functional expertise and keep abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with project tools such as Asana and JIRA
- Certified Scrum Product Owner certification
- Bachelor’s degree
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).