Specialist, Content (1 year contract)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6392
Category : Sonnet Insurance
Brand : Sonnet
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range :
Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- As a key part of Sonnet’s Digital team, you’ll conceptualize, research, and create compelling content that educates and inspires our audience on our website, our blog, our emails, and anything else that comes your way
- You’ll work cross functionally with Marketing and Business Development, and within our team with Design, CRM, UX and Development, to deliver content in a variety of formats
- You’ll identify and edit high-value content to target different audiences and mediums
- You’ll perform keyword research and optimize content for search engines
- You’ll guide users through journeys with the use of clear and concise micro copy that anticipates needs, answers questions, and resolves pain points
- You’ll work with other content creators to strategize, build and maintain the blog content calendar
- You’ll review available data/reports related to our content and adapt or iterate to maximize future results
- You’ll support the Manager of Content in reporting on content KPIs to leadership
- You’ll serve as a brand ambassador by ensuring our tone and the quality of our content meets corporate brand standards
What do you bring to the role?
- You’re a strong copywriter and editor with the ability to be accountable for a variety of content assets
- You’re data-driven and skilled at SEO, with experience using tools to research and analyze performance (ie Google Search Console, Moz, Siteimprove, or similar)
- You enjoy writing microcopy for web and mobile products just as much as writing long-form editorial content
- You have experience working with a CMS and are a fast learner when it comes to using new platforms and software
- You’re very organized (Asana experience is an asset), resourceful, fast, and have impeccable attention to detail
- You’re experienced in presenting your work, including rationale and supporting insights to tell a story
- You have an avid interest in content and SEO, and you keep up with industry news and trends
- You’re able to translate complex information and business goals into easy to understand and effective copy, while meeting accessibility standards
- You’re customer-focused and you thrive in a team environment
- You’re effective and calm when working under pressure
- You’re always open to learning and expanding your skills
- You have a University degree or college diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field and a minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience writing content
- Bilingualism is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).