Sr Representative, Auto Physical Damage
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6368
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Mississauga, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Report to the Team Leader and will be responsible for investigating and settling first-party automobile for a transportation network company
- Provide prompt, courteous, accurate and fair claims service to all customers, internal and external
- Manage auto telephone claims until resolution
- Fully explain the claim process to all customers in a way they’ll easily understand
- Confirm whether claims are covered under a customer’s policy
- Ensure all claims are promptly investigated
- Work with the customer and preferred vendors to determine the best way to resolve the claim
- Maintain detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Process claims payments within your authority level
- Initiate salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned claims
- Achieve the targeted number of assigned claims per year, while living our core values and meeting competencies
- Achieve and maintain a file disposition rate of 100% on a monthly basis
- Other duties as assigned
What do you bring to the role?
- Minimum high school diploma required
- Experience handling auto claims with a good understanding of terminology and auto policies
- Previous customer service is a definite asset
- Excellent keyboarding skills and ability to navigate through numerous screens and systems quickly and easily
- Professional, friendly and courteous to customers
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and different leaders
- Able to thrive under pressure and remain calm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingualism is an asset (French and English)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).