Director - Pricing, Commercial Insurance
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6366
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Ottawa, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
Reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Pricing and will be accountable for directing analyses of company and industry experience to promote rate adequacy and leverage complex commercial automobile and property rating structures across all provinces in which our group of companies writes business. Responsibilities include active involvement in development of national strategies and management of resources to efficiently meet pricing objectives across all provinces.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provide strategic direction for Commercial Pricing Managers to align with business needs of Economical, by providing ideas for new commercial lines products and pricing.
- Support and coordinate the leveraging of tools, models and resources across all regions to ensure operational efficiency.
- Coordinate development of new and continuous improvement of current actuarial policies, tools, processes and reports used across multiple regions that specifically relate to Commercial Insurance product and pricing.
- Work with Head Office Commercial Insurance, the regions and divisions to identify operational and strategic priorities and build business plans for commercial automobile and property production and profitability across the country.
- Effective planning, recruiting, developing and retaining skilled staff to achieve corporate objectives.
What do you bring to the role?
- University Degree in Actuarial Science or a relevant discipline.
- Must have successfully achieved Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant full-time pricing experience with experience managing people.
- Must have good project management skills such as communication and organizational skills and an ability to promote and supervise a team effort toward project completion.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers.
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).