Analyst, Broker Inquiries
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6374
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
The Broker Inquiries Representative is the first point of contact for Personal Insurance policy questions. You will be supporting inquiries pertaining to products, pricing, underwriting, billing and payments using knowledge and decision-making authority to effectively resolve inquiries in a single contact.
As the successful candidate, you inspire customer confidence by providing superior service and decisions that enable profitable growth and align with our Personal Insurance strategy.
Please Note: This role will support our Broker Assist Centre (BAC) hours of operation which are: 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. Your core 7.25 hours will fall within this range.
- Answer brokers questions pertaining to Personal Insurance products, pricing, underwriting, and billing
- Handle broker inquiries pertaining to underwriting, requests for systems support and workflow advice. Potential inquiries may include guidance on underwriting rules, Guidewire support, workflow support, navigating workflows surrounding binding and issuing a new policy, and policy changes.
- Support brokers by resolving billing and payment inquiries for both personal and commercial insurance policies. Potential inquiries may be related to billing statement explanations, billing options, payment plan changes, notification of payment, requests to remove charges or waive fees, changes pertaining to credit card payments and bank withdrawals.
- May be required to support Claims calls during a catastrophe or other call centers that are experiencing higher than usual or unexpected work volumes.
- Identifies when an issue cannot be resolved during initial contact and when required, escalates inquiries to key points of contact
- Supports the processing of Personal Insurance transactions on the Guidewire system that are not enabled by broker self-serve functionality and to support other departments.
What do you bring to the role?
- Personal Insurance industry experience preferred
- Previous customer service/contact centre experience
- Service focused with a positive helpful attitude
- Excellent people skills and strong written/verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, motivated and strong problem-solving skills.
- Attentive listener with the ability to anticipate and understand customer needs
- Successfully maneuver difficult conversations with ease while exercising empathy, patience, professionalism, and the use of positive language.
- Ability to handle surprises and to communicate effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates accountability to provide resolution
- Meticulous, detail focused coupled with strong computer literacy skills
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Preference will be given to French bilingual candidate
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).