Advisor, Claims Technical
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6371
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What you'll be doing?
- Support in resolution of customer complaints/broker/ombudsman
- Improve processes between National Operational teams and SIU
- Collaboration with Enterprise Fraud Insights, SIU Admin, Advanced Analytics and National Operational teams
- Increase visibility through participation in National and SIU huddles, stakeholder, committee, and problem solving sessions
- Reward and recognition: Acknowledge contributions and achieved milestones of front-line staff and peer to peer. Promote use of Definity Plus.
- Cultivate and implement training and development programs: Create and support National and SIU fraud training, streamline internal modules, vet training material
- Review emerging trends/Communicate: Fraud case law, industry fraud/crime, support law enforcement, regulators, and other agencies to action suspicious or fraud losses
- Schedule regular meetings with SIU staff and key stakeholders to develop action strategies against prospective performance to drive indemnity and expense
- litigation support for SIU matters referred to legal counsel
- Assist in development of protocols, guidelines, and continuous improvement plans
- Conduct internal and external audits to monitor regulatory compliance, develop action plans to address gaps, and critically evaluate the effect of plan to conclusion
- Actively participate and contribute to corporate culture and diversity initiatives
- Strengthen collaboration between departments and industry: Internal departments - Claims, Underwriting, Actuary, Analytics, and Finance. External: IBC/Equite
What you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline or a college diploma in one of the following programs: (2 year diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college in: Insurance, Law & Security, Loss Control or Business Administration) or the CIP designation
- A minimum of 5 years claims experience. Multi-lined claims experience preferred but not mandatory
- We also take potential into consideration. If you do not have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).