Enterprise Change Enablement Co-op/Intern (Summer 2023)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6355
Category : Human Resources
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Summer (May 8, 2023 Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month or 8-month or 12-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
- The Opportunity – Program Coordinator, ECE, Human Resources
- As part of the Enterprise Change Enablement team, program coordinator will work with our change leads to support the various projects requiring change enablement leadership by:
- Supporting the preparation of presentations for program meetings
- Support with delivering on employee readiness, engagement activities and go-live events
- Point of contact for handling common enquires on a program
- Help in organizing team artifacts to improve the overall stakeholder experience and bring efficiencies to our team.
- Design and execute feedback surveys to assess effectiveness of a program
- Design of learning and/or communication materials.
What you bring
- Currently completing a college program or bachelor's degree in business administration, Communication, Arts, English or related programs
A team player committed to team goals, productive and motivated
- Have advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Able to set priorities and multitask, take initiative and work effectively autonomously.
- Strong leadership and communication capabilities to develop a workplan to achieve project outcomes, managing stakeholder expectations
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Able to meet deadlines while keeping your cool
- Eager to continuously develop your knowledge, skill and expertise
Did you know?
We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Work Location: Hybrid (111 Westmount Road South, P.O. Box 2000, Waterloo ON N2J 4S4) OR (121 King Street West, Suite 1400, Toronto ON M5H 3T9)
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).