What are our Insurance Advisors saying about us?
We can tell you all about the job, but part of what we do differently is that we involve our team in as much as possible. Here are just a few examples of what they said about the job:
- Managers who encourage the balance between quality and quantity so you can have freedom to provide outstanding customer service to our clients
- The people and the culture are amazing! We’re like a family
- A team committed to positivity, finding answers and doing great work every single day
- The management team genuinely is transparent and honest about high-level decisions and how those decisions will affect us
- Mistakes here are turned into positives and result in personal growth, which is so refreshing
- Cooperative approach to issues —we help each other. All for one and one for all!
What are our Hours of Operation?
Sonnet Digital Contact Centre hours of operations will be changing in February. Our new hours of operation will be 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday for phone, chat, email, and social interactions. It is important to note that this change is made based on current business needs. The hours of operations may change in the future if the business needs change.
What type of work approach can I expect?
- A hybrid approach to work will be our focus. This means we have flexibility and accountability related to where and how we work — be it together in person, or remotely.
- For the first three months, new hires will work in-office or in-person 2-3 days per week. An increase of in-person moments for new employees enhances onboarding, learning, relationship building, and team/individual effectiveness.
- Once trained and/or determined to be proficient, all contact centre employees should plan to be in-office or in-person once per month for moments that matter.
- Sonnet’s physical office is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario
- The ability to work remotely requires the need for a private, comfortable workspace and strong internet connection.
Brief Description of the Role & Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer inquiries about our products. We are an Omnichannel call center so you need to be comfortable responding on the phone, via chat and email.
- Resolving any problems that the customer has, providing first call resolution because you actually care and want to help them
- Collaborating with other departments, as needed, in order to resolve customer problems quickly and provide a timely response back to the customer.
- Continuous learning about our products because no matter how much training you receive , there is still so much to learn in order to provide impeccable customer service to our customers.
- Adherence to quality assurance measures, such as call monitoring and feedback from customer surveys to ensure quality service is being provided.
- We also look at productivity or interactions per hour so that we can ensure that our customer’s calls are handled in a timely manner
Your Skills & Experience:
- We want people that don’t think working in customer service is anything less than an amazing job, that is an extremely important part of a company’s success and is a highly respected role
- We believe in education so having a post-secondary education in the form of a college diploma or university degree is a requirement
- You must be willing to get your Property and Casualty (P&C) agent license(s) or have one already. You also must be willing to keep up with your annual licensing requirements either through continuing education or CIP courses.
- Previous experience working in an inbound or outbound call center
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written channels
- Experience supporting a digital company (no stores or physical products), will add additional bonus points
- We use computers and other technology to do our jobs. You have to be comfortable with various forms of technology (even be pretty good at it) and be web-savvy too.
- A lot changes around here and there is a lot to learn so, you must have a proven ability to shift and pivot as the business requires it
- You need to be skilled at de-escalating customer’s concerns and problem solving to reach a resolution
- You enjoy working in a structured environment where you have a fixed schedule with set breaks/lunches. You also enjoy the fast paced nature of a call center environment
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).