What can you expect in this role?
- Assesses risks and accepts, declines, or amends broker referrals for new business submissions, policy endorsements, renewals, etc.
- Leverages tools, resources and reports to appropriately evaluate risks and make effective Underwriting decisions
- Applies Underwriting judgment and relies on the guidance of senior staff and their Team Leader to process risks effectively in accordance with Economical’s corporate policies, Underwriting guidelines, standard operating procedures, and Line of Business and segmentation strategies
- Actively builds their understanding of appropriate rating structures, forms of coverage, terms, conditions and wordings; and with guidance, applies these in accordance with the defined Underwriting guidelines, standard operating procedures, and Line of Business and segmentation strategies
- Provides exceptional service to Brokers for all interactions, and seeks to add value in every Broker interaction
- Manages relationships with Brokers as it relates to IRCA Commercial Auto Insurance, and acts as a point of contact for inquiries related to Commercial Auto Insurance
- Routes/escalates Broker inquiries to alternative points of contact within Economical to enable effective and prompt resolution of inquiries, where appropriate
- Effectively manages transactions within Guidewire, leveraging system functionalities to appropriately route and document processing of transactions
- Identifies and escalates gaps in policy case management, policy administration systems performance, and contributes to the identification of continuous improvement opportunities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness as well as Broker experience
What do you bring to the role?
- A minimum of 2 years of Insurance experience (Broker, Carrier), Commercial Underwriting experience is an asset.
- Insurance knowledge with awareness on risk and exposures
- Excellent communication, people skills and problem-solving skills.
- Active listener who anticipates and understands the customer's needs.
- Ability to have difficult conversations while exercising empathy, patience, and professionalism.
- Experience with Guidewire is an asset.