This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6346
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Edmonton, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Assesses risks and accepts, declines, or amends broker referrals for new business submissions, policy endorsements, renewals, etc.
- Leverages tools, resources and reports to appropriately evaluate risks and make effective Underwriting decisions
- Applies Underwriting judgment and relies on the guidance of senior staff and their Team Leader to process risks effectively in accordance with Economical’s corporate policies, Underwriting guidelines, standard operating procedures, and Line of Business and segmentation strategies
- Actively builds their understanding of appropriate rating structures, forms of coverage, terms, conditions and wordings; and with guidance, applies these in accordance with the defined Underwriting guidelines, standard operating procedures, and Line of Business and segmentation strategies
- Provides exceptional service to Brokers for all interactions, and seeks to add value in every Broker interaction
- Manages relationships with Brokers as it relates to IRCA Commercial Auto Insurance, and acts as a point of contact for inquiries related to Commercial Auto Insurance
- Routes/escalates Broker inquiries to alternative points of contact within Economical to enable effective and prompt resolution of inquiries, where appropriate
- Effectively manages transactions within Guidewire, leveraging system functionalities to appropriately route and document processing of transactions
- Identifies and escalates gaps in policy case management, policy administration systems performance, and contributes to the identification of continuous improvement opportunities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness as well as Broker experience
What do you bring to the role?
- A minimum of 2 years of Insurance experience (Broker, Carrier), Commercial Underwriting experience is an asset.
- Insurance knowledge with awareness on risk and exposures
- Excellent communication, people skills and problem-solving skills.
- Active listener who anticipates and understands the customer's needs.
- Ability to have difficult conversations while exercising empathy, patience, and professionalism.
- Experience with Guidewire is an asset.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).