Underwriting Assistant, Auto (12-Month Contract)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6352
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Ottawa, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Technical Processing and you will be accountable for providing superior service in a processing role.
What can you expect in this role?
- Underwriting Assistant is an entry level processing role within the Regional Processing Center. Within this role you will begin to understand the underwriting processes and familiarize yourself with our guidelines and workflow in order to support completion of a variety of tasks.
- Working closely with the Underwriters and Technical Processing teams, ensuring work is accurately fully completed
- Contributing to achieving defined Service Level Agreements and Operating Level Agreements
- Meeting quality and production expectations on a regular basis
- Data entry into our policy systems, including some manual coding of off-system policies
- Order required reports on policies
- You’ll also help out with general office and other duties as required.
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed high school diploma and relevant work experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary degree or diploma or willingness to complete a CIP designation.
- Professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions, both within the company and our broker partners
- Able to prioritize and organize your day-to-day tasks, working efficiently to complete tasks
- Perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy on transactions handled
- Strong computer skills including previous experience in working in case management tools, portals or databases will be an asset.
- Bilingual, written and spoken (French and English) will be considered an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).