Manager, Talent Acquisition (1 year contract)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6345
Category : Human Resources
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
As the Talent Acquisition Manager at Definity, you and your team will effectively manage candidates through the recruiting and selection process, provide consulting and guidance to internal clients and complete projects that enhance the recruiting experience. As a recruiting leader, you will be passionate about keeping abreast of trends and innovative recruiting techniques that enable us to be a best-in-class recruitment team. Additionally, you will coach and mentor the Talent Acquisition Specialists on your team to help them achieve their career and performance goals. You will create a highly engaged team that builds and embraces a high-performance culture.
- Ability to build strategic recruiting plans, articulate these plans to leadership teams and HRBPs, and successfully deliver on these plans the intended objectives
- Responsible for the delivery of HC demand by creating a high-performing team, continuously improving our recruiting process and being an exceptional coach
- Design, develop and execute recruitment strategies that create and build healthy pipelines, candidate pools, candidate engagement, and meet the requirements and needs of the business units they support
- Client management - working with hiring managers, HRBPs, campus program team, and other key stakeholders to understand recruiting needs, hiring requirements and develop strategies and set recruiting priorities to meet hiring goals
- Be the lead recruiter on some senior level and/or complex open requisitions as required
- Working with the Director of TA, help build our brand strategy for key job families and execute on an event and brand strategy
- Leverage insights from recruitment reports and adjust recruiting strategies as needed. Must be able to tell a story with the data and take in qualitative market knowledge.
- Implement the broader Talent Acquisition IDEA goals through the business unit’s more specific recruitment strategies
- Owns the overall success of our recruiting process. Continuously assess each step of the candidate journey and is responsible for raising selection, brand, compensation etc...issues and creating a plan in collaboration with key stakeholders to address them
- Accountable to drive strong results and metrics in the areas of speed to hire, candidate experience, candidate diversity, cost control and quality of hires
- Manage our agency strategy and spend
- Lead a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who are accountable for innovative external talent sourcing, assessment and advising, and who will develop proactive pipelines for key roles
- Oversee their performance, development and delivery of results tied to client group needs
- Coach and mentor Talent Acquisition Specialists that helps build the overall capability and maturity of the Talent Acquisition function to achieve best in class practices
- Create a high-performing team culture with a continuous improvement and customer experience lens
- Proven expertise in the planning and delivery of corporate recruiting in a complex, matrixed environment, with at least 6-8 years of progressive recruitment and leadership experience
- Proven experience in sourcing, building, and executing on recruitment strategies
- Proven experience in managing recruitment teams, specifically in load-balancing work efforts within a fast-paced, high-volume enterprise recruiting function
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly with business partners or recruiting clients, HR leaders, external vendors and candidates to ensure that delivery commitments and talent requirements are achieved
- Ability to manage teams in a data-driven environment, providing transparent delivery of recruiting to multiple client groups through dashboards, reports and recruiting metrics and industry best practices
- Great fundamental knowledge of the project management life cycle and change management principles for planning requirements, design, communication, implementation, and evaluation.
- Agility to pivot in strategic and tactical situations to assess business opportunities, developing use cases and problem statements, designing and executing practical solutions to talent/recruitment initiatives.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).