Specialist, Operations, Financial Insights & Analysis
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6341
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecast models and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budgeted templates.
- Review financial operating results to identify key trends, variances, opportunities for continuous improvement, and measure financial results against budget and forecasts.
- Support the business in financial planning and forecasting through customized reports that facilitate the performance analysis of business targets, identify areas of risk and opportunities in collaboration with the business, and projections. A significant focus is placed on continuous innovation, utilizing analytical tools to provide data driven insights.
- Preparing timely and accurate divisional business performance reporting for both internal (Board of Directors, senior management) and external (investors, regulators and auditors) stakeholders
- Identify and remediate process gaps and implement effective internal controls; improve standard operating procedures and account reconciliations/substantiation to comply with company standards.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Actuarial, Math/Statistics or related program
- 5+ years of relevant, full-time experience financial management reporting and business performance analysis
- Superior written and verbal communication/presentation skills and ability to interact with senior executives and other cross divisional leaders in the organization
- Recognized accounting, insurance, or actuarial designation an asset
- Superior knowledge of Excel and data modelling is required
- Experience with quantitative software applications including SQL would be an asset
- Experience with P&C insurance would be an asset
- Excellent PowerPoint knowledge is required.
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business decisions
- Ability to work in a team or independently with moderate supervision
- Self-motivated and consistently demonstrates an ability to take initiative on any issue
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).