Manager, Advanced Analytics
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6297
Category : Finance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
If you are you looking for a challenging new opportunity to develop your leadership and analytical skillset within a strong culture of innovation, consider joining our Advanced Analytics team at Economical Insurance, including our direct arm, Sonnet.
As a Manager, Advanced Analytics reporting to the Director, Advanced Analytics, you will bring the predictive modelling leadership needed to successfully scope and develop predictive models that will generate significant business value. You will accomplish this in collaboration with internal business partners at Economical.
You will work with business stakeholders to scope high-value projects, manage the creation of predictive and prescriptive models to support the business decision-making process, and ensure successful delivery of relevant business insights. You must demonstrate a passion for creating innovative solutions, and you must explain complex concepts to business users to gain acceptance for your team’s analysis.
What can you expect in this role?
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify high-value opportunities for the application of analytics
- Apply professional experience with statistical and machine learning software to guide team members in the preparation, analysis, and modelling of data
- Prepare and present high-quality deliverables to communicate findings and recommendations to business stakeholders
- Effectively coach and develop direct reports (3-6 Advanced Analytics team members)
- Continually focus on process improvement to promote internal efficiency
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or a related discipline
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- 3+ years working in the advanced analytics space (Property & Casualty insurance experience an asset)
- Leadership experience (people leadership and/or technical leadership)
- Strong knowledge of statistical and predictive modelling techniques
- Experience with predictive analytics software (e.g., R, Python, SAS)
- Experience working in an ‘agile’ manner on projects
- Underwriting/pricing experience in personal insurance and/or commercial insurance lines
- Successful clearance of a background check including credit & criminal checks along with business references
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).