Senior Representative, Casualty Claims
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6288
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Posting Range :
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Casualty, and will be accountable for the investigation and settlement of senior level third party bodily injury and casualty claims. This includes Automobile, Homeowners, and Commercial third party claims.
What can you expect in this role?
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Casualty, and will be accountable for the investigation and settlement of senior level third party bodily injury and casualty claims. This includes Automobile, Homeowners, and Commercial third party claims.
- Investigating claims to determine liability and quantum
- Confirming policy coverage
- Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
- Attending/participating in mediations, pre-trials and settlement initiatives, as a representative of Economical Insurance
- Settle claims directly with the injured party and with plaintiff lawyers
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree, a college diploma or the CIP designation
- Minimum 3 years of claims handling experience in Bodily Injury/Casualty Litigation
- Notable Commercial General Liability Claims handling experience, both Bodily Injury and Property damage.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).