Technical Lead - Finance
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6277
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
We are looking for someone to build and maintain strong relationships with Finance business leaders, delivery partners, vendors, and provide direction and deliver on optimal technology solutions/services to meet business needs. The position will work with a various IT professional and will bridge business and technology gaps, leverages resources across specialized technology areas to ensure end-to-end delivery of agreed upon solutions or services within planned forecasts and cost estimates. The position will work as Technical Lead as part of Finance Modernization program and will report to the Director, Technology.
What can you expect in this role?
- Lead and manage end-to-end technology solutions or services delivery for Finance business line & portfolio, which includes but not limited to IFRS 17, Accounting, General Ledgers elements)
- Responsible for Technology delivery for application sets within their scope, commissioning projects to be executed by project managers
- Act as a solutions integrator; provide a flexible approach by offering and negotiating Solution options with Business that balance service levels, cost and risk
- Develop impact assessments, manage delivery schedules, access issues & change requests, perform risk assessments to consistently manage operational processes (time reporting)
- Report on Project progress, status, overall health and individual applications
- Lead the development of applications and services, monitor and track to established plans with Finance and Business Management team
- Measure, monitor projects, stay within budget, meet or exceed expectations
- Assess work plans, identify scheduling issues, report and escalate, as needed
- Track major project deliverables; share updates and other support initiatives
- Manage Oracle Quarterly updates activities and work with different stakeholders to ensure successful deployment of objects & patches
What do you bring to the role?
- Undergraduate Degree in Business/Commerce or a Technology Discipline (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Excellent Communications skills
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Financial Industry technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, applications, platforms,)
- Ability to work closely with business partners, internal and external stakeholders, technology vendors to ensure solutions meet requirements, and architecture needs
- Strong knowledge of configuration, integration, and implementation of Oracle solutions, including, Oracle EPM Cloud (PCMCS, EPBCS) Oracle Financial Services Data Integration Hub (DIH), , Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud Service (ERPCS), Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Service (EPMCS), and Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC)
- Good knowledge of Oracle Financial Services Analytics Applications (OFSAA)
- Expert knowledge of Oracle PaaS Tools such as Oracle Integration Cloud(OIC), VBCS, PCS & REST APIs
- Experience using various Data Upload tools such as BI Publisher, File Based Data Import(FBDI) & BI reporting tool
- Readiness to manage large-scale applications and projects across multiple businesses, involving significant scope and complexity over a multi-year transformation impacting the enterprise
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).